Saturday, May 16, 2009

Ababe Jr's visit to Atok's grave..

One day before Raya (12 October 2007, Friday), the whole family went to my dad's kubur at Section 21, Shah Alam....This is Ababe Jr's 3rd Raya here but I guess he didn't remember much of the first 2 visits... While waiting for us to finish reading the Yasin and Doas, he helped clean up the area of the kubur...then I took him for a walk along the children's graves to go and buy some flowers for Atok's grave...After all is done and goodbyes were said (Ababe Jr was a bit skeptical about saying Assalamualaikum and Selamat Hari Raya to an absent Atok) we left Atok at his final resting place...


In the car suddenly he turned to me and said, best kan tempat ni Mummy... I was soooo touched... I prayed and I prayed that my son would continue to love going to the kubur as he grows up even if only to visit his Atok he has never met before... Insyallah...


The above was written in 2007, 25 April 2009 was another day that we all went again to the graveyard. Sadly, this year, we've been here a whole lot more times and additional graves were to be visited. We buried my beloved Auntie on 22 April 2008, and grandma on 17 February 2009. Thus on this date, we started out by visiting first my grandma, then my beloved friend, Shera, my auntie and last but not least my beloved dad.

It was a hot morning so Ababe Jr was starting to get uncomfortable and bothered. Ababe Jr and I walked all the way up to Atok's grave and it was very cooling there due to the big tree that covers over the grave. Since we arrived there first, we cleaned up the grave first. Ababe Jr started talking:-

"Is this Acid's grandpa's grave?"
"He is your grandpa also. This is nenek's Atok. You have Mak Tok and Atok, Nenek and Atok."
"Can I see Atok?"
"No, Atok has gone to heaven and never coming back. He is with Nek Ngah and Nyang."
"If I push aside the stones, will I get to see him?"
"No sayang, Atok is not there anymore. I'll show you his pictures at home..."

As he grows up I am sure he will have more and more questions about life and death, and I hope with all my might that I am able to explain to him...

~Mrs Ababe~

No comments:

Post a Comment