Sunday, May 3, 2009

A poem and a quote...


If I Had My Child To Raise Over Again

If I had my child to raise again,
I'd build self esteem first, and the house later.
I'd finger paint more,
And point the finger less.

I would do less correcting, and more connecting.
I'd take my eyes off my watch,
And watch with my eyes.

I would care to know less, And know to care more.
I'd take more hikes,
And fly more kites.

I'd stop playing serious, And seriously play.
I would run through more fields,
And gaze at more stars.

I would do more hugging and less tugging.
I would see the oak tree in the acorn more often.

I would be firm less often, And affirm much more.
I'd care less about the love of power,
And more about the power of love.

Author Unknown.......


You love something and then one day it's suddenly gone or changed or lost forever. But somehow that doesn't stop your love. Maybe that's how you know it's the real thing. When it doesn't come with conditions and get-out clauses, when it doesn't have a best-by date. When you just give your love, and never stop giving it, and know that you never will. That's when it is real. That's when they can never touch it or spoil it or take it away from you.

- Tony Parsons (One for my baby)


~Mrs Ababe~


No comments:

Post a Comment