Monday, September 19, 2011

Celebrating Malaysia Day and Mr Ababe's Birthday!







Happy 38th Birthday Mr Ababe!

For the past 2 years, Malaysia has declared that 16 September is a Malaysia Day and is now a Public Holiday. Lo and behold the date is the same as Mr Ababe's birthdate! Thus for the past 2 years we have been celebrating his birthday...

This year, since it's the month of Syawal and we owe our family members a BBQ on the "new" patio, the date chosen was (to nobody's surprise) 16 September 2011! It was going to be a long weekend and the date just seemed right.

As per last year when I surprised Mr Ababe with the Elmo and Cookie Monsters' cupcakes (which of course he was not surprised at all!), this year I got him a rainbow cake! Loved the cake for the colours. Wished I could decorate a table with all the colours of the rainbow but then I would have spoilt the surprise.. even though I know that he always suspects I would plan something..

Nonetheless, it was a fun day, we started with a tahlil for our beloved family members who have left us, we prayed for those who are still around us and we hope that Allah would bestow upon us all the Goodness and Happiness that we all cherish for..

Mr Ababe was BBQ Man Number 1 as usual, so I waited until he had rested and then came out with the cake... The kids sang Happy Birthday twice, loudly!

A very tiring weekend but I hope Mr Ababe enjoyed his birthday and his cake..

Lurve you lots babe!

~Mrs Ababe~

16 September 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment